Young Tuscaloosa Announces Series of Events
April 2, 2018, 6:36pm
Young Tuscaloosa, a new group that allows young professionals opportunities for networking, professional development and community engagement, has announced a series of upcoming events. For more information on these or other Young Tuscaloosa events, email YoungTuscaloosa@gmail.com.
CONNECT: Druid City Arts Festival (DCAF)
- Saturday, April 7, 2018
- 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Government Plaza
- This year marks the 9th Annual Druid City Arts Festival (DCAF). Last year's event boasted 85 artists and over 15,000 attendees, with music acts performing each hour. Young Tuscaloosa will have a tent at this year's DCAF where we will be the designated water station for the festival. This will be a great way to connect with other young professionals, engage with community leaders, and serve the Tuscaloosa community.
- Link to sign up: http://signup.com/go/pOjDWPX
NETWORK: Alabama Baseball vs. Samford
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- 6:00 p.m.
- Third Base Patio, Sewell-Thomas Stadium
- Young Tuscaloosa has reserved the third base patio during the Alabama vs. Samford baseball game. This is a great opportunity for members to watch the game, eat, connect and network. Tickets are $15 and include your game ticket and entrance to the third base patio where food will be provided by Southern (i.e. hamburgers, hot dogs, sides and dessert).
- To purchase tickets:
- Click the "Purchase Tickets" button below.
- Enter promo code "BSBYPT."
- Click on "Section T" in blue.
- Select your seats in Section T.
- You will be emailed your ticket upon completion.
- For questions, please contact Jake Mankin, Director of Outbound Ticket Sales, at 205-348-4376or email@example.com.
- Link to purchase tickets: https://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BASE-SINGLE&linkID=ubama&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode
SERVE: USA Triathlon
- April 26-28, 2018
- Various Sites around Tuscaloosa
- The City of Tuscaloosa is hosting the USA Triathlon on April 26-28, 2018.This is a huge event for the city and brings in university and high school students from around the country as well as their families, friends and other event patrons. They are in desperate need of volunteers for this event. An event of this size and scope has to have the support and involvement of the surrounding community.
- Link to volunteer: http://usatriathlon.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?id=24286
ENGAGE: Coffee with Mayor Maddox
- Thursday, May 10, 2018
- 7:30 a.m.
- Despite his busy campaign schedule, we are honored to have the chance for Young Tuscaloosa members to meet with Mayor Maddox for coffee and a light breakfast provided by UPerk (at no cost to attendees) on May 10. Mayor Maddox will address the group about community issues important to us.
- Link to sign up: http://signup.com/go/VcjZcYP